Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Triple-header

You can't see them, but in this marsh we saw a moose, a beaver, and two swans with their signets (not "goslings" as our fauna-challenged announcer said).
[Yes, I'm terribly sorry for offending the spelling sensibilities of my world-wide readership. I've gotten 5 hours of sleep each night for a week and on a 12 hour train ride I missed spelling CYGNET correctly. Again, I'm sorry if this made you lose a spelling bee in Karmina Burana or wherever they challenge people to know the difference between the homonyms "cygnet" (a baby swan) and "signet" (an object with an identifying symbol - a sign - on it, such as a signet ring). I am doubly embarrassed by my mistake because I am shopping for land in Kansas in the area of the Marais Des Cygne River (Marsh of the Swans). Good grief.]

No comments:

Post a Comment